The Haakaa Silicone Colostrum Collector is a world-first design, giving mums the option to express colostrum antenatally and postnatally in a safe, easy-to-use storage solution. Colostrum is traditionally collected in single-use syringes often made from harmful plastics. Our Collector is made of 100% medical-grade silicone, which means it won't leach nasty toxins and can be safely stored in the fridge or freezer. It's easy to use and reuse, making it the ideal option for mums both before and after birth!
features & benefits
whats in the box
- collect, store and feed colostrum from the same container.
- made of pre-sterilised 100% medical-grade silicone.
- soft squeezable silicone has a vacuum effect to collect droplets.
- nib suctions colostrum off the nipple, can also be removed to express directly into the collector.
- portable, leakproof and reusable.
- heat and freeze resistant.
- clear measurements on collector container.
- non-toxic and safe for newborns.
- bpa, pvc and phthalate-free.
Cleaning and Care:
- each collector comes pre-sterilised
- please check date of sterilisation printed on the outside of each packet
- collector can be used immediately if opened within 12 months of pre-sterilisation
- if opening collector more than 12 months after date of sterilisation, resterilise before use
- once a baby feeds from the nib end, it is no longer sterile
- sterilise before re-use with any steam sterilising system or by boiling in water for 2-3 minutes
- do not use bleach-based agents to clean this product.